Amanda K. Rieben is an associate at BRODER & ORLAND LLC.
Prior to joining Broder & Orland, LLC, Amanda was a staff attorney with Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, the only provider of widespread civil legal services to all seven counties of the Hudson Valley. She was also a staff attorney at the Center for Family Representation, Inc., where she represented parents in a variety of contested family court proceedings in New York City from intake through trial.
Amanda is dedicated to her clients and strives to attain the most favorable outcomes for them. When a settlement cannot be reached, she has extensive experience litigating contested family court matters. Amanda understands the impact the legal process can have on parents, children and their families, and is empathetic and supportive toward her clients and their needs.
Amanda earned her law degree from New York Law School. She received her undergraduate degree from Colby College, Magna Cum Laude. She played varsity tennis for Colby College her freshman and sophomore years, prior to studying abroad her junior year at the London School of Economics.
Amanda is admitted to practice in Connecticut and in New York. She is a member of the Fairfield County and Connecticut Bar Associations, as well as the New York State Bar Association. Amanda also serves as a member of the Fairfield County Advisory Council for All Our Kin, Inc., a non-profit based out of New Haven.
Amanda was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. She now resides in Darien, Connecticut with her husband and two children.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2016 – Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2016 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, 2009 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- All Our Kin, Inc.,Member of Board of Directors, 2015-January 2017
- All Our Kin, Inc., Member of Fairfield County Advisory Council
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, Staff Attorney, 2015 – 2016
- The Center for Family Representation, Staff Attorney, 2011 – 2015
- Horwitz, Horwitz & Paradis, Associate, 2009 – 2010
- Connecticut, 2016
- New York, 2010
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2009
- Colby College
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2006
- Honors: Dean’s List Every Semester
- London School of Economics, General Course Student, 2004-2005
- “Representing Victims of Domestic Violence: How to Navigate a Family Court Order of Protection,” Speaker and Moderator, March 2016