Andrew M. Eliot (Andy) is a seasoned attorney with extensive experience representing clients in all aspects of matrimonial and family law including divorce, alimony and child support, property distribution, child custody and access, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and post-judgment issues.
Prior to joining BRODER & ORLAND LLC, Andy was a partner at Chemtob Moss & Forman, LLP, one of the largest matrimonial and family law firms in New York. He has handled a variety of high net-worth divorces and complex custody matters through trial and appeals. He was also selected as a New York Super Lawyers ® Rising Star® in 2013 and 2014 and to the New York Super Lawyers ® List in 2015. He was selected as one of the Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2017.
Andy strives to negotiate swift, cost-effective and favorable resolutions for his clients. When a settlement cannot be reached, he is an experienced litigator who combines aggressive courtroom advocacy with a practical common-sense approach. Andy is also extremely sensitive to the emotional impact that the divorce process can have on his clients and their children and recognizes the importance of offering clients his patience and understanding in addition to excellent legal advice.
Andy began his legal career as an associate with Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, where his practice focused on commercial litigation matters. He received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law in 2000, where he earned Dean’s List honors and was the recipient of the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award. Andy graduated with a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Michigan in 1996.
In 2013 and 2014, Andy was selected to the New York Super Lawyers® Rising Stars® list in the area of Family Law and in 2015 was selected to the New York Super Lawyers® list in the area of Family Law.
Andy recently relocated from New York to his hometown of Westport, Connecticut, where he now resides with his wife and daughter.
Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- New York Super Lawyers® Rising Stars®, 2013, 2014
- New York Super Lawyers®, 2015
- NAFLA Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut, 2017
- Rights of Grandparents: Judges turn to “Best Interest” analysis in deciding whether to grant access (Co-Author), New York Law Journal, August 7, 2006
- Maintenance: When Should it End? (Co-Author), New York Law Journal, July 30, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2015 – Present
- Fairfield Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2015 – Present
- New York County Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, 2004 – Present
- New York Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2001 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Chemtob Moss & Forman, LLP, New York, NY, 2003 – 2015
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, New York, NY, 2000 – 2003
- New York, 2001
- Connecticut, 2015
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2000
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Recipient of the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award
- University of Michigan
- B.A. – 1996
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers®, as listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2015
- New York Metro Rising Stars®, as listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2013 and 2014