Christopher J. DeMattie is an associate at BRODER & ORLAND LLC. Chris joined the firm in 2012 and practices exclusively in the area of matrimonial and family law, including divorce, alimony, child support and custody and the division of assets. Additionally, he has been selected as a New England Super Lawyers ® Rising Star in the area of Family Law for 2014, 2015 and 2016. Each year, no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars List; Super Lawyers Selection Process.
Chris earned his law degree, cum laude, at Quinnipiac University School of Law where he concentrated in Family Law and graduated with honors in his concentration. While in school, Chris participated in the Advanced Family Law Trial Practice Program and the Tax Clinic. He also served as a Yale Sappern Fellow in the Bridgeport Superior Court, assisting non-represented parties with various family law matters. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Connecticut, where he was elected to the Pi Sigma Alpha National Honors Society. Attorney DeMattie is also a Certified Guardian ad Litem.
Chris is admitted to practice in Connecticut and is a member of the Fairfield County and Connecticut Bar Associations.
Chris is a native of Orange, Connecticut and resides in Stamford, Connecticut with his wife. Chris was recently elected to the Board of Directors for the Fairfield County Bar Association. He serves as a Fairfield County Development Board Member of the Center for Children’s Advocacy. He is an active participant in the Westport recreational softball and football leagues. In addition, Chris volunteers as an alumni career advisor for the University of Connecticut.
Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Rising Stars ® as listed in New England Super Lawyers ®, 2014, 2015, 2016
Publications and Presentations
- “Divorce Cases Can Hinge On Electronically Stored Information, Critical Evidence May Be Unlocked From Your Cell Phone – Or Your Spouse’s”, Connecticut Law Tribune, November 25, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Family Law Section
- Young Lawyer’s Section, Executive Committee, 2015
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2012 – Present
- Fairfield County Bar Foundation, Director, 2013 – Present
- Business Networking International – Stamford Alive, Member, 2013 – Present
- Connecticut Beta Alumni Association of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Vice President, 2012 – Present
- Center for Children’s Advocacy, Fairfield County Development Board Member, 2016 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Yale Sappern Fellow in the Bridgeport Superior Court, 2010 – 2011
- Volunteer Attorney, Connecticut Judicial Branch Stamford Family Volunteer Attorney Program, 2013 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Connecticut Superior Court, Family Division, 2012
- Connecticut, 2012
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 2012
- Concentration: Family Law with Honors
- Advanced Family Law Trial Practice Program
- Tax Clinic
- University of Connecticut
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society, 2005-2009