Jaime S. Dursht
Email: Email Me
Jaime S. Dursht joined BRODER & ORLAND LLC as an experienced attorney. Jaime began her legal career at the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office where she prosecuted hundreds of cases in the New York City Criminal Court. During this time, she honed her extensive trial skills with a concentration in domestic violence. She has practiced family and matrimonial law in Connecticut for many years and is experienced in all phases of marital dissolution cases, prenuptial agreements, complex custody matters, post-divorce actions, appeals, and private mediation.
Jaime believes that every family situation is unique and that each case involves very personal and emotional issues that often shape the appropriate legal approach to be taken. She strives to provide each client with an understanding of the process to enable effective teamwork and informed decision- making to reach the desired outcome, and she is a devoted advocate throughout the process.
Jaime earned her law degree at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, New York where she was a member of the Law Review and the Cardozo Trial Team. While in law school, she published her Note, entitled Judicial Plagiarism: It May Be Fair Use But Is It Ethical?, and she was awarded the New York State Bar Association Legal Ethics Award for scholarship in ethics. She graduated from the University of Connecticut with honors, earning a B.A. in History.
Jaime was born in Pusan, Korea. She was adopted from the Holt Orphanage in Seoul and raised in South Salem, New York. She currently resides in Darien, Connecticut with her husband and two children.
Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Law Review, 1995 – 1997
- New York State Bar Association Legal Ethics Award for Scholarship in Ethics, 1997
Publications and Presentations
- Note, Judicial Plagiarism: It May Be Fair Use But Is It Ethical? 18 Cardozo L. Rev. 1253 (1996)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Family Law Section
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Member, 2016 – Present
- Family Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1997 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Connecticut Department of Veterans’ Affairs, 2014
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Jaime S. Dursht, 2012 – 2017
- New York County District Attorney’s Office, 1997 – 2000
- New York, 1997
- Connecticut, 2012
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
- J.D. – 1997
- Law Review, 1995 -1997
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 1992
- Gathering Ground, YWCA Darien, CT, a resource network for families with international adopted children, 2007 – 2010
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center Legal Department, Stamford, CT, certified volunteer, 2011
- Special Olympics of Connecticut, annual Winter Games volunteer, 2012 -2017