Julia is a seasoned litigator and trial attorney. She was formerly an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office, where she tried numerous cases to verdict and negotiated pleas on hundreds of cases, but found she had the greatest impact on individual lives through her work in the Domestic Violence and Special Victims units. In these roles, Julia gained the insight necessary to handle the unique and personal challenges faced by families undergoing the most difficult circumstances.
Julia further honed her litigation skills through her experience at two large civil defense firms, where she represented a variety of professionals and institutions facing malpractice, complex tort, products liability, and general liability claims. Through her work with these firms, Julia routinely conducted depositions, participated in settlement conferences, and appeared in various courts.
In addition to her prior trial and litigation experience, Julia has also gained an insider’s view of matrimonial and family law through her close relationship with her father, who practiced exclusively in that field for over fifty years!
Julia is admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York. She earned her law degree at Fordham University School of Law, where she was a member of the Fordham Environmental Law Review. She currently lives in Fairfield County with her husband and two sons.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, 2018 – present
- Fairfield County Bar Association, 2018 – present
- New York State Bar Association, 2016 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Kaufman Borgeest & Ryan, LLP, 2017-2018
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP, 2016-2017
- New York County District Attorney’s Office, 2007-2016
- Connecticut, 2016
- New York, 2008
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., 2007
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, New York
- B.A., 2000