Lauren M. Healy joined BRODER & ORLAND LLC in 2007 and is a partner in the firm. She has handled numerous high asset and complex cases in the areas of divorce, property division, child custody, alimony and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. She has experience in litigating and settling cases, including those with sensitive parenting issues such as psychological and psychiatric evaluations, child abuse and restraining orders, as well as complex financial issues.
Lauren was selected as a New England Super Lawyers ® Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, all in the area of Family Law. Each year, no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars List; Super Lawyers Selection Process. She was also recognized by the Connecticut Law Tribune as a 2013 New Leader in the Law.
Lauren is admitted to practice in Connecticut and in New York. She is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and the New York Bar Association.She has obtained certification from the Connecticut Judicial Branch Attorney for the Minor Child/Guardian Ad Litem program. Lauren served on the Board of Directors of the Fairfield County Bar Association and is a member of the Family Law Section of both the Fairfield County Bar Association and the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association. She has served as co-chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Fairfield County Bar Association as well as having served as a committee member for the Connecticut Bar Association Professionalism Symposium in 2016. She is a Special Master in the Family Division of the Stamford and Bridgeport Superior Courts, and is a participant in the Stamford Volunteer Attorney Program, in which she assists self-represented parties with family law issues. Lauren has served as a mentor to law students from Quinnipiac University School of Law since 2013. Lauren is an active Volunteer with the Near and Far Aid and served as a 2017 Co-Chair for the charity’s Annual Golf Classic, and Co-Chair of the 2018 Gala.
Lauren received her B.A. degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Marist College and earned her J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law. While in law school, she was a Dean’s Scholarship recipient, a Legal Action Fellowship recipient, and was honored with two Distinguished Academic Achievement awards (one in the area of Advanced Family Law).
A native of Fairfield County, Lauren continues to reside here with her Husband and children.
Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Rising Stars® as listed in New England Super Lawyers®, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- New Leader in the Law as selected by the Connecticut Law Tribune, 2013
Publications and Presentations
- “Conversations with Catamount” Spring Seminar presenter, May 18, 2017
- Featured Alumni at the Marist College Pre-Law Panel, April 26, 2017
- National Business Institute, Guest Lecturer, “Family Law from A to Z” March 4, 2017
- “Locating Hidden Assets in a Divorce”, Connecticut Law Tribune, October 10, 2016
- Connecticut Bar Association “Practice Tips” video presentation March, 2016
- National Business Institute, Guest Speaker, National Teleconference: Motions in Divorce with Examples, September, 2015
- Second Saturday Workshop, Guest Speaker, September, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2012 – 2017
- Member of Family Law Section, 2007 – Present
- Young Lawyers Section, Co-Chair, 2010 – 2012
- The Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Member of Family Law Section, 2014 – Present
- Member of Young Lawyers Section, 2014 – Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- National Association of Divorce Professionals, 2016- Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Special Master, Stamford Superior Court, 2012 – Present
- Special Master, Bridgeport Superior Court , 2012 – Present
- Mentor, Quinnipiac University School of Law 2013- Present
- Co-Chair, Near and Fair Aid Gala 2018
- Co-Chair, Near and Far Aid Annual Golf Classic 2017
- New York, 2009
- Connecticut, 2007
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Attorney for the Minor Child/Guardian Ad Litem Training, Fall 2010
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. – 2007
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2004
- Honors: Dean’s List Every Semester