Lauren M. Healy joined BRODER & ORLAND LLC in 2007 and is a partner in the firm. She handles high asset and complex cases in the areas of divorce, property division, child custody, alimony and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. She is experienced in litigating and settling cases, including those with sensitive parenting issues such as psychological and psychiatric evaluations, child abuse and restraining orders, as well as complex financial issues.
Lauren is an AV Preeminent™ rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, earned through a strenuous peer and judicial review procedure. In 2019 Lauren was included on the Connecticut Super Lawyers ® List in the area of Family Law. Each year, no more than 5% of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor; Super Lawyers Selection Process.
Lauren was selected as a New England Super Lawyers ® Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, all in the area of Family Law. Each year, no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars List; Super Lawyers Selection Process. She was also recognized by the Connecticut Law Tribune as a 2013 New Leader in the Law.
Lauren is admitted to practice in Connecticut and in New York. She is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and the New York Bar Association.She has obtained certification from the Connecticut Judicial Branch Attorney for the Minor Child/Guardian Ad Litem program.
In 2019, Lauren was elected Treasurer of the Fairfield County Bar Association, having served on the Board of Directors since 2012. She is a member of the Family Law Section, and former co-chair of the Young Lawyers Section. Lauren also served as a member of the committee which planned the 2016 state-wide Legal Professionalism Symposium. In 2019, Lauren was also appointed to the Board of Directors of the Fairfield County Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Fairfield County Bar Association. She is also an active member of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association.
Lauren serves as a Special Master in the Family Division of the Stamford and Bridgeport Superior Courts. She served as a mentor to law students from Quinnipiac University School of Law from 2013- 2016. Lauren is actively involved in the Fairfield county community and volunteers with Near and Far Aid. Lauren served as Co-Chair for the charity’s 2017 Annual Golf Classic, and Co-Chair of the 2018 Spring Gala.
Lauren received her B.A. degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Marist College and earned her J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law. While in law school, she was a Dean’s Scholarship recipient, a Legal Action Fellowship recipient, and was honored with two Distinguished Academic Achievement awards (one in the area of Advanced Family Law).
A native of Fairfield County, Lauren now resides with her family in Fairfield.
Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell®AV Preeminent™ rating
- Connecticut Super Lawyers® as listed in New England Super Lawyers®, 2019
- Connecticut Rising Stars® as listed in New England Super Lawyers®, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- New Leader in the Law as selected by the Connecticut Law Tribune, 2013
Publications and Presentations
- “Conversations with Catamount” Spring Seminar presenter, May 18, 2017
- Featured Alumni at the Marist College Pre-Law Panel, April 26, 2017
- National Business Institute, Guest Lecturer, “Family Law from A to Z” March 4, 2017
- “Locating Hidden Assets in a Divorce”, Connecticut Law Tribune, October 10, 2016
- Connecticut Bar Association “Practice Tips” video presentation March, 2016
- National Business Institute, Guest Speaker, National Teleconference: Motions in Divorce with Examples, September, 2015
- Second Saturday Workshop, Guest Speaker, September, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2012 – Present
- Family Law Section, Member, 2007 – Present
- Connecticut Bar Association Professionalism Symposium, committee member 2016
- Young Lawyers Section, Co-Chair, 2010 – 2012
- The Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Member, 2014 – Present
- Young Lawyers Section. Member, 2014 – Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- National Association of Divorce Professionals, Member, 2016- 2018
Pro Bono Activities
- Stamford Superior Court Special Masters, 2012 – Present
- Bridgeport Superior Court Special Masters , 2012 – Present
- Quinnipiac University School of Law Mentor, 2013- 2016
- Near and Fair Aid, Gala Co-Chair 2018
- Near and Far Aid, Annual Golf Classic Co-Chair 2017
- Stamford Superior Court Volunteer Attorney Program
- New York, 2009
- Connecticut, 2007
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Attorney for the Minor Child/Guardian Ad Litem Training, Fall 2010
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. – 2007
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2004