Westport Enforcement & Contempt Action Lawyers

Greenwich Enforcement Attorneys: Visitation, Custody, Child Support, Alimony

When one party fails to comply with the terms of the divorce agreement, the other party can file a contempt action. Common contempt situations involve:

  • Failure to pay support or not paying in a timely manner
  • Parenting issues
  • Required disclosure and accountability, including the exchange of yearly tax returns
  • Maintenance of life insurance policies
  • Unreimbursed Medical Expense Reimbursement

At BRODER & ORLAND LLC, our lawyers have been successful in enforcing child support payments, alimony, and other divorce terms for clients throughout Fairfield County and Connecticut. Much of our success stems from the sophisticated, case-specific approaches we employ during the representation of our clients.

When appropriate, we tenaciously pursue wage garnishments and other enforcement actions against the appropriate party. At the same time, we understand that finding someone in contempt of court is not always the best or right solution for the situation. For example, a substantial change in finances may warrant a modification of the original support order if the paying spouse can no longer afford the agreed-upon amount. Our attorneys fully consider the circumstances when determining the most effective way to enforce a divorce judgment.

Contact Our Westport and Greenwich, Connecticut, Post-Judgment Attorneys

BRODER & ORLAND LLC can help enforce the terms of a divorce judgment through a contempt of court action. Please contact us at 203-222-4949. We serve clients in Westport, Greenwich and throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut.